Here's the beginning of the tan paint that will eventually be on the remaining walls. You can also see that the wooden anchors for the crown molding have been attached to the walls.
Once the base coat of tan paint was thoroughly dry, I masked the wall for the horizontal patterning we decided upon. We did the same type of effect that we used in the Dining Room with the matte and satin finish paints of the same color, but this time we painted broad horizontal stripes of varying widths.
The removing of the masking is always the best part!
As you may have noticed in the above pictures, the staining of the wood trim has been continuing for some time now.
To the final stage...
Back to Home Improvement